This on-demand course is Pre-Recorded only. There is no live interaction with the instructor. You will have access to a forum to post work and interact with other students. There are no Live Q&A Sessions included.
INCLUDED WITH THE COURSE
☆ Life-Time Access to this course
☆ 10 Complete Modules
☆ An immersive community
☆ All updates are Free
☆ Login Access 24/7
In this course you will learn how to create a dynamic character in pose to use for 3D Printing and how to render the character in Keyshot, Zbrush and Marmoset.
This Character Creation course will consist of ten LIVE Q&A and critique sessions accompanied with pre-recorded lectures focusing on demystifying the body and Zbrush. Plus, you are joining the top-tier, VIP, exclusive community all working hard to become a valuable and respected artist.
Every week you will have a new lecture to help you understand anatomy and Zbrush that you can watch at your own pace.
- Be able to use Zbrush to create a male/female character
- Be able to create hard-surface props and objects
- Know how to set up a render in Keyshot/Marmoset/Zbrush
- Know how to avoid common anatomical mistakes with the body and face
- Know how to create a dynamic and balanced pose and composition for collectibles and portfolio presentations.
- Know how to use Marvelous Designer to create clothing
- Know how to use Substance Painter and Zbrush together to achieve high details
WHAT EXACTLY IS THIS COURSE?
A lot of character artists sculpt just what they see on their reference and try to replicate it. We are going to go deeper into the understanding of the skull and skeleton. Develop the knowledge and confidence to hit our landmarks and proportions. Separating you further from the rest. No more guessing and shadow sculpting.
After we have our new anatomy knowledge, we will move onto posing our character. Focusing on movement, balance and directing the eye of the viewer to provide the best impact.
We will be creating props, clothing, armor and base to complete our collectible. Then we can start exporting our assets into Substance Painter. Then we will apply the fine details and believable surface textures to take your sculpt to the next level.
After this, we take a quick look at setting up a render in Zbrush, Keyshot, and Unreal Engine. Giving you the versatility, you need to present your collectible in your portfolio or to a client for approvals.
SOFTWARE / TOOL / EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Maya will be used for lecture work, but you can use any other 3d modeling package such as 3dsMax, Blender, Houdini or Cinema4D (Trial and Educational Versions Available)
- Graphics Tablet (Wacom or similar).
- Substance Painter (Trial and Educational Versions Available)
- Unreal Engine (Free)
- Photoshop (Trial and Educational Versions Available)
- Marvelous Designer (Trial and Educational Versions Available)
I will be using ZBrush, Maya, Keyshot, Substance Painter, Marvelous Designer and the Unreal Engine for the examples and lectures but you can substitute any other programs as the concepts will remain the same.
The rigged characters provided with the course are made to be used with Maya.
Must have a beginner’s understanding of ZBrush as time will not allow us to go over the very basics of the program. Knowing the basics of ZBrush such as how to get to main menu items and basic hot keys is preferred.
RESULTS FROM SPICER’S WORKFLOW!
- Lectures 66
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 39
- Assessments Yes